What Is Your Feeling When You See A Piece Of Music?
2. Look for the lyrics
3. Zone out and listen to my fellow singer
4. Study it to see if I can recognize what I am seeing.
I hope you said #4. Since you are in the process of learning music and learning to sightread, start taking the time to recognize several key elements:
1. Locate the key signature
2. Locate the time signature
3. Find 1 or the key note on the staff.
4. See if you can find your first pitch without help.
It’s all about taking the baby steps, but to do that, you have to stop running from music when you see it.