Dear LASightsinger Member:
We are switching to our new server by Monday evening, so it will happen within the next 48 hours.
Next time you go to the site, there are a few things you need to do and see.
1. Login with your user name which is the same email you have always used to login. The login button will be at the upper right hand corner of the screen.
2. Use the default password “lasightsinger”.
3. Once you have logged in, click on “account” at the bottom of the page and there you will be able to change your password to your choosing.
4. All membership emails are sent via CONSTANT CONTACT from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your spam box and make sure you allow messages to enter your mailbox so you will receive member notification and newsletters. You’ll notice I’m sending via both my personal email and constant contact this time just to make sure you receive the information.
5. As far as your membership accessibility, everything will remain the same.
Next, you will see some changes. After speaking with members and analyzing which features were used and which ones were not, we have chosen to focus our attention on the educational direction of the site and not the social networking side of it. For instance the forums and user profiles were never utilized.
For this reason, we will no longer have “user profiles” and “forums.”
However we have incorporated a BLOG page which will be updated frequently which will give latest information regarding singers, relevant singer topics, jobs/auditions, etc…….
The affiliate structure will be more of an exchange scenario. In other words, if you are a business (music studio, store, voice studio, etc…..) we can trade links.
To put it simply, we will place your link on the Links and Apps page and you will place our link on your webpage. For those of you who are currently affiliates, please change the link I sent you back to the simple link…lasightsinger.com.
The site is now much simpler yet current. More technologically friendly and visually more easily navigated.
Please forgive us as we will not be adding this week’s Name That Tune and Dictation Assignments due to the changeover. We will be back on schedule the following Monday.
I appreciate your patience as we make this transition!!! As you know with any change in technology, there may be some glitches within the first few week of changeover.
Please let us know if you find something not working or if you have trouble accessing the information.
Know that the developers and I are here to troubleshoot any situation that needs repair.
Thanks again for your patronage!! I never realized the need for such a tool as this. The site is going great and I appreciate your contribution and participation!!